- Personal integrity: Honesty, openness, reliability, accountability, confidentiality.
- The importance of every individual: Respect, caring for people, treating people as we would want to be treated, equal opportunities, valuing differences and working in a non-discriminatory way with all people, non-judgemental, not exploitative, holistic in our approach.
- Outstanding service to people: To honor and empower the people we serve. To create an environment where people can take control of their own lives. Offering choice wherever possible. Exceeding expectations.
- The importance of working together: Being supportive and working as a team. Recognising that we achieve more when working in harmony - both within the organisation and with our partners, than we can achieve by working on our own. Being flexible and creative in responding to needs.
- Professional competence: More than just getting the basics right. To be highly regarded in our field. Maximum delegation. Empowerment and development of all staff. Giving best value. Offering quality services.
In addition to our values, our staff selected a list of eight key behaviours which they felt were important in delivering our values:
- Taking pride and ownership in all I do
- Being reliable and responsible
- Encouraging initiative and creativity
- Recognising and complimenting good work
- Ensuring the person in front of me knows that they are important
- Having an attitude of achievement
- Talking to each other, not about each other
- Saying thank you