Skip to content Skip to menu

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)

Tackling Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is a common problem. It comes in many forms ranging from minor issues, such as inconsiderate parking, annoying problems such as loud music, to very serious issues such as violence and intimidation.

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour from your neighbours, raise the matter with them first. They may not know that they are disturbing you. Remember to be polite and remain calm. However, if the nuisance continues, or if you feel that you cannot speak to the person causing the problem, then contact your Tenancy Officer to report it. As long as your neighbour is a BCHA resident, then we will agree an action plan with you.

This might include

  • Speaking with your neighbour about your complaint, if you’re happy for us to do this.
  • If we feel they are causing the problem, then we will issue them with a warning.

  • Offering to mediate, if you both agree to this.

  • Contacting other agencies for help, such as the Police, Council, Environmental Health or Social Services.
  • Taking court action where we are sure that there is a serious and ongoing problem. This might include getting an Anti–Social Behaviour Order (ASBO), Injunction or, as a last resort, an Eviction Order.
  • While we are investigating a case or taking action, we will remain in regular contact with you until the complaint is closed. If we cannot resolve the problem, then we will make this clear to you and the reasons why. For example, if your neighbour is not another BCHA resident then we will support you to contact the Police or another agency, or seek legal advice about your options.
  • We will investigate all complaints of violence, threats and harassments urgently and in confidence.

  • Please remember – in an emergency dial 999.