Rights and Responsibilities
While living in one of our properties, your tenancy agreement with us will give you rights, but it will also give you responsibilities.
What you can expect from us
The below information outlines what you can expect from BCHA as your landlord, and what responsibilities we have.
As our customer, you have the right to:
- Receive information about our charges and how we deliver services.
- Ask for a copy of any BCHA policies and procedures which affect you.
- Be consulted when we plan to change the way we provide your service, or want to know what you think about the service.
- Be involved in the decision making about your services.
- Complain about things you are not happy with.
- Be compensated, in some cases, if we agree that you’ve received bad service from us.
- Appeal against certain decisions that we make.
- Privacy and confidentiality, except where someone is at risk of harm or a crime may have been committed.
- Have a choice where options are available, and to make your own decisions.
- Refuse, or end the services we offer, in line with your legal and other obligations.
- Respectful, fair and courteous treatment from our staff.
- Receive our service without abuse or harassment from others.
What we expect from you
The below information outlines what expectation BCHA will have from you, as our tenant.
As a customer of BCHA, we will expect you to:
- Respect our staff and other customers. Harassment, violence, threats, racist behaviour and vandalism are not acceptable.
- Comply with any rules or requirements of the service we are providing to you.
- Provide us with true information regarding your circumstances.
If you don’t understand your rights and responsibilities, then speak to a member of staff. Click here to contact a member of our Housing Team.