BCHA offers an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome and where our staff are comfortable bringing their whole selves to work. We strive to create environments that reflect the communities we serve, so be yourself.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We believe that employing people from different backgrounds with a range of perspectives and experiences helps us to deliver high quality services to all of our customers.
We employ our staff based on their abilities and potential, regardless of gender, ethnic or national origin, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy, maternity or paternity status.
We want to ensure that the principles of equality and diversity are at the core of our work and this is underpinned by our corporate values. To this end, we include equalities training as part of our induction programme for all new staff.
We are registered as a Disability Confident Committed Employer by the Job Centre, which means we are committed to:
- We ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies through a range of channels and use our Disability Confident badge to make sure potential applicants know we are inclusive employer
- Offer interviews to people with disabilities when they meet the minimum requirements of the person specification.
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work where possible
For further reading on equality and diversity please visit: