Everyone deserves a home that is safe, secure, and well maintained.

That’s why the UK government has launched the ‘Make things right’ campaign to ensure those living in social housing who have issues with their home know their rights, know how to complain, and feel empowered in the knowledge that their voice will be heard.

At BCHA, we’re committed to ensuring our customers feel safe, empowered and informed in their home. As your landlord, we’re responsible for a range of repairs to your home, including damp and mould, flooding or arranging adaptations to your home if you’re disabled. We're also here to help with anti-social behaviour, as we believe everyone has the right to live peacefully in their home and community.

Through the ‘Make things right’ campaign, we understand there may be residents who do not feel confident letting us know about housing problems or know how to make a formal complaint.

BCHA has a robust Complaints Process in place and welcomes all feedback to help improve services for our customers.

To get an issue fixed, just follow these simple steps:

1. Report the issue to BCHA

If it’s a repair you need fixing, please follow our Repairs Process.

If you need support with anti-social behaviour, please follow our ASB process.

For support with another housing issue, please call our customer services on 01202 410 500.

2. Make a formal complaint

If you've reported an issue and it hasn’t been sorted or you’re not happy with the outcome, please make a formal complaint through our Complaints Process.

3. Escalate your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman

If you’re not happy with our final response to your complaint, please escalate it to the Housing Ombudsman. They are free to use, impartial and will investigate fairly.

The Housing Ombudsman is there to offer advice about making a complaint but will not intervene until both stages of BCHA’s complaints process have been completed

Contact the Housing Ombudsman

Call: 0300 111 3000 (Mon-Fri, 9.15am-5.15pm)

Email: info@housing-ombudsman.org.uk

For more details on the Government’s Make Things Right Campaign, please visit: Social housing issue? Know how to complain (socialhousingcomplaints.campaign.gov.uk)

Our Partners