Our Ignite employability and skills programme focuses on supporting people to find greater self-belief, break free from benefit support, get back in to work, and live life. Delivered in partnership with Skills & Learning Adult Community Education (ACE), Ignite offers a range of workshops for people to choose from, which are all tailored to build someone’s self-esteem and confidence, and to support people to achieve their goals.
BCHA's Ignite workshops are delivered in relaxed and friendly group settings. There is also the opportunity for people to take advantage of one-to-one sessions with our Ignite Development Coaches.
How can Ignite help me?
Ignite will give you the tools, skills, and knowledge to make lasting positive changes to enhance your life. As a person centred programme, each person’s journey, choices, and goals may be different - but the overriding aim is to support people to increase their self-esteem, confidence, motivation, and well-being.
Some of the workshops on offer are:
- Stress and Anxiety Management
- Steps to Change
- Relating to Others, Communication
- Self-Awareness, Confidence, Cookery
- Emotional and Physical Wellbeing
- Digital Life Skills workshop - this will help you to develop your knowledge and computer skills. You will be able to create cards, flyers, graphs, CVs, use the internet safely, and make the most of your money by finding the best deals online
- Skills for Supporting Others workshop - this will give you the knowledge to effectively support others by covering subjects such as professional boundaries, goal setting, equality, diversity, interpersonal and communication skills.
What will be expected of me?
If you sign up to Ignite then you will be expected to attend an induction meeting where you will learn more about Ignite, and all of the workshop choices available to you.
Once you have done this, the decision is yours as to how many workshops you wish to attend and when.
Who can sign up to Ignite?
Anyone over the age of 19 who is currently unemployed, or who is at risk of losing their job, and living in Dorset, is eligible for an Ignite workshop.
How do I sign up?
To sign up to Ignite, please complete our online referral form or download our referral form (please also read our privacy notice). Once you’ve completed the form, either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Ignite, BCHA, St Swithuns House, 21 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3NS.
Upon receipt of your referral form a member of The Ignite Team will contact you to book your enrolment for our next available course. Alternatively, call 01202 410500 and ask to speak to a member of the Ignite team.