If you have a water meter in your home, the amount you pay will depend on how much water you use. Making a few small changes could make a huge difference to your bill:
- Spend less time in the shower: This will not only save you water but also the cost of the energy you use to heat your water.
- Flushing the toilet: Do you need to flush the toilet every time you use it?
- Only boil what you need: If you’re making one cup of tea, don’t fill the kettle – as this will cost more!
- Turn off the taps: Turn your tap off while brushing your teeth or washing the dishes – a running tap can use up to six litres of water a minute.
- Use water efficiently: Only use your dishwasher and washing machine when it’s full – a full cycle will use the same amount of water and energy as a half-full washing machine!