Skip to content Skip to menu

Mental Health

Mental Health

Mental health problems can range from the worries that we all experience as part of everyday life, to more serious and long-term conditions. A mental illness can significantly affect how a person thinks, behaves and interacts with other people.

BCHA have been working in partnership with NHS Mental Health Services, and local councils for many years to provide both accommodation-based, and community-based support for people with a mental health diagnosis. We help people to develop the skills and confidence they need to live independently in our community - encouraging people to set some personal goals and make the most of their lives.

How can BCHA help?

If you think you may be facing mental health issues, then we may be able to help you.

We provide mental health support services for people in Bournemouth, Poole, Dorset, Plymouth and Exeter. This includes supported accommodation in Exeter for people with drug addiction and mental health issues; shared houses where residents receive regular visits from Support Workers, and floating support in Bournemouth and Plymouth, for people living in rented accommodation.

The practical support we offer includes:

  • Support to help you manage your finances, for example, claiming benefits and paying bills
  • Help to develop your living skills, supporting you to learn to cook and look after your home
  • Encouragement to develop a daily routine, and your social networks and self-confidence
  • Advice to help you access training, educational and work opportunities

How do I get in touch?

Floating Support

For more information about our Floating Support Services and how you can refer yourself or somebody you know to these services, then click here.

Supported accommodation services

Morwenna Court in Exeter, accepts referrals from the local Mental Health Services. For more information about referring someone with a dual diagnosis to Morwenna Court, call them on 01392 427591.

All referrals for our supported accommodation in Bournemouth are managed by the Bournemouth Supporting People Hub, to enquire about making a referral:

Call: 01202 451467


If you would like to refer to our supported accommodation in Poole, then you’ll need to speak to Borough of Poole’s Housing Advice Team:

Call: 01202 633804


Our Dorchester and Bridport mental health supported accommodation accept referrals from the Community Mental Health Teams, and other agencies. If you would like to enquire about making a referral to these services, then contact West Dorset District Council Housing Services for advice:

Call: 01305 251010


For advice and further information on mental illness, click here to visit Mind’s website.

Was this information helpful?