Skip to content Skip to menu

Supported Accommodation

Supported Accommodation

Young people living on the streets, or in unsafe accommodation, are at significant risk. One of the most important ways we help vulnerable young people is by finding them a safe place to live - somewhere to call home. 

We provide a number of services throughout Bournemouth, Poole, Dorset and Chippenham in Wiltshire, helping young people to acquire the skills and confidence they need to overcome many of the obstacles towards living independently.

We provide housing with support in both large schemes, and smaller shared houses within the community. Our larger housing schemes are for people who need a high level of support to help them get back on their feet. While our shared houses are generally for groups of three or four people who are more settled and able to manage their tenancies with less support, but still require help with developing their independent living skills and accessing learning opportunities. 

We also support young people living in privately rented accommodation, and living in properties owned by the local authority and other social housing providers. We offer visiting support to help young people manage their tenancy.

How can BCHA help me?

If you’re homeless or living in unsafe accommodation, we may be able to help you. 

Not only can BCHA provide you with a safe place to stay, but while living within one of our properties you will receive support from our friendly team of staff. A Support Worker will help you to set some goals, and then support you to achieve these – all of which will work towards helping you to live independently again, or for the first time.

We will also help you with any practical issues and ensure that you receive the support you need. This may include:

  • Help to manage your finances, for example, paying bills
  • Support to get in to college or one of our learning and work programmes, to improve your CV and employability
  • Advice on volunteering opportunities, jobs and careers
  • Help to develop your daily living skills, such as cooking healthy meals on a budget
  • Support to get in touch with other agencies for help or treatment if you have any particular concerns or worries, for example, relationship worries or health problems
  • Support to move on from BCHA accommodation when you are ready to live more independently

How can I be referred?

Click here to take a look at the different areas in which we have services for young people, and the details of who you can contact if you are homeless, or at risk of homelessness and need some support.

Was this information helpful?