If you are interested in gaining knowledge around the subject of Domestic Abuse as well as the skills to help protect you and your family The Freedon Programme will educate you fully on this issue.
The course is a free 12 week Programme in the Poole Area that provides a supportive, safe and friendly environment involving active participation in structured discussions on the subject of domestic abuse. The programme focuses on the types of tactics that a perpetrator uses called 'the dominator' comparing this with 'the friend' characteristics.
Women can attend who have left their relationship or who are still in a relationship (Safety Planning is done throughout). The group process aims to develop our awareness, problem solving, assertiveness training, understanding and developing self.
Key subjects covered on the course:
- Tactics and beliefs of The Abuser
- Where these beliefs come from
- Beliefs that Women Share
- How are women affected?
- Effects on the Children
- What a Healthy Relationship looks like
- Warning Signs
Benefits of The Freedom programme
We want to encourage as many women, who have been victims of domestic violence, as possible to take part in the course and therefore:
- Where possible we provide crèche facilities
- One to one support is provided during and after the course
- When required we signpost women or make referrals to other services
- Courses are free and run at various confidential venues across Poole