Skip to content Skip to menu

Aids and Adaptations

BCHA are committed to providing accommodation that is suitable for you. We may be able to make adaptations to your home, to help you live there for longer.

If you’re living within a BCHA property and finding it difficult to manage around your home due to long-term illness, a disability or because your mobility is poor, then let us know. We might be able to help make your everyday life easier by arranging simple adaptations to your home, such as grab rails for the bath, a hand rail up your front steps or by installing lever taps.

You can make a request for an adaptation by:

  • Contacting your Tenancy Officer. To contact your Tenancy Officer, click here
  • Writing a letter, please send this to our Head Office address – The Factory, 14 Alder Hills, Poole, BH12 4AS.
  • We will also accept a letter from your doctor detailing what adaptations you need.

We aim to complete all minor adaptations within three months of the date of your initial request, if approved. However, we will try to complete the work earlier if possible.

If you require a major adaptation to your home, then please contact your Tenancy Officer or Support Worker. It may be that they will discuss with you the option of moving to somewhere more suited to your needs, or they might be able to support you to apply for some funding for this work. Please use the contact details above.