Our commitments to you
BCHA is taking a number of steps to make sure you, our customers, can engage with us and hold us to account.
Together with Tenants
On 15 March 2021 BCHA adopted the Together with tenants Customer Charter commitments:
- Relationships – Housing associations will treat all residents with respect in all of their interactions. Relationships between residents and housing associations will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
- Communication – Residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information from their housing association on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how the organisation is working to address problems, how the organisation is run, and information about performance on key issues.
- Voice and influence – Views from residents will be sought and valued and this information will be used to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to by their housing association on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
- Accountability – Collectively, residents will work in partnership with their housing association to independently scrutinise and hold their housing association to account for the decisions that affect the quality of their homes and services.
- Quality – Residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed. When things go wrong – Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong
- When things go wrong – Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
For more information on Together with Tenants please see the National Housing Federation website.
Customer Focus – BCHA Business Plan
Three of the 2020-2025 BCHA Business Goals, are about our commitments to you:
- Developing an accessible digital customer portal
- Developing and inspiring change
- Becoming a landlord of choice
For more information on these goals, please see our business plan.
BCHA Customer Engagement Strategy
As part of our commitment to making sure our customers can clearly hold us to account, BCHA has a new Customer Engagement strategy.
Please see our Action Plan steps below:
What BCHA will do:
- Work together to embed customer engagement across our services.
- Work together to evidence customer voice and influence across our services.
- Work together to develop a culture of co –production across our services.
- Work together to ensure we meet regulatory standards
How to get involved
BCHA is actively working to ensure there are a number of ways for you to get involved, including through our new tenant panels, ongoing podcasts and even through peer mentoring. For more information, please refer to the latest edition of Tenant Talk magazine or get in touch with Victoria at the email address below.
For further information on any of the above – please contact Victoria Kate, BCHA Customer Engagement Lead firstname.lastname@example.org